Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Art In The Square And Back To School

A big shout out to all of you who stopped by our booth last week at Art In The Square.  Despite the weather being so humid and hot we had a great time.  Next year we won't wait until the last minute to turn our entry in so we can try to get a better location..  We were way down by the end but we were lucky to be right across from the children's stage.  What fun!  If you need a cutting board for a present give me a call or email me.  I still have some in inventory and if I don't have the one you want I'll make it for you.

I spent the last week in Indiana while attending a class on hand cut joinery at the Marc Adams School of Woodworking. The main focus of the class was to learn how to do dovetail joints by hand spending 2 full days learning and perfecting this procedure. We also were taught how to do hand cut mortise and tenon joints. It was a very informative class, a lot fun and I learned new skills to use in my wood working.

I still haven't come up with a new project yet but making new drawers with hand cut dovetail joints for the Hoosier Cabinet that I made my wife seems to be the obvious progression.  I'd better sharpen my chisels and get ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment